Leidos will support the Academy Learning Branch group in the form of comprehensive web and mobile development, system and database administration, eLearning content development and integration, system information security, and user support services for the FAA Academy Distance Learning Branch (AMA-024)
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications, websites, and portals.
- Provide support to Build server-side applications and APIs using C#, .NET Core, and Node.js.
- Provide support to design and implement database schemas, manage data storage, and optimize database performance.
- Provide support to create detailed explanations of the architecture, technologies used, API documentation, and coding standards.
- Provide support to set up and configure web servers, manage hosting environments, and deploy applications to production servers.
- Provide support to design the overall architecture of the software application, ensuring scalability, modularity, and maintainability.
- Provide support for a version control system (Git) to manage code changes and collaborate with other developers.
- Provide support to write unit tests, conduct code reviews, and ensure the application meets quality standards.
- Provide support to implement security measures and best practices to protect the application from potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Provide support to collaborate with UX designers to create user-friendly interfaces and improve the user experience.
- Provide support to integrate third-party APIs and services into the application to extend functionality.
- Provide support to implement automated CI/CD pipelines to streamline the development and deployment process.
- Provide support to identify and optimize performance bottlenecks to ensure the application runs efficiently.
- Provide support to investigate and resolve issues reported by users or discovered during testing.
- Provide support to keep the system up to date with the latest technologies, trends, and best practices in software development.
- Provide support to work closely with other team members, including front-end developers, back-end developers, UX designers, and project managers.
- Provide support to participate in project planning, providing technical insights, and meeting project deadlines.
- Provide support to maintain clear and comprehensive code, APIs, and project-related information documentation.
- Provide support to create step-by-step user guides for end users on how to use the web and mobile applications.
Provide support to collaborate with the Distance Learning Branch team for technical advice on how to proceed to maximize efficiency in application development and deployment timing consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of work experience or additional work experience in lieu of education
- Demonstrated history of web application development
- Master’s degree with at least 6 years of experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.