Leidos will support the Academy Learning Branch group in the form of comprehensive web and mobile development, system and database administration, eLearning content development and integration, system information security, and user support services for the FAA Academy Distance Learning Branch (AMA-024)
- Provide support to install and configure database management systems (DBMS) on servers, ensuring the proper settings and parameters are in place.
- Provide support to collaborate with application developers and stakeholders to design and plan database structures that meet business requirements, scalability, and performance needs.
- Provide support to implement security measures to protect sensitive data from unauthorized access, including user access controls, encryption, and auditing.
- Provide support to establish and manage regular database backups to prevent data loss and develop recovery procedures to restore data in case of failure.
- Provide support to monitor database performance regularly, identify bottlenecks, and optimize database configurations to improve overall performance.
- Provide support to ensure data integrity by enforcing data constraints, validating data input, and performing routine maintenance tasks like data purging or archiving.
- Provide support to manage database software updates, version upgrades, and applying patches to keep the system secure and up to date.
- Provide support to estimate future database growth and planning for hardware and storage requirements to accommodate increasing data volumes.
- Provide support to develop and implement disaster recovery plans to ensure data continuity in case of catastrophic events.
- Provide support to assist developers with database-related issues and provide training on database tools and best practices.
- Provide support to plan and execute data migration projects when transitioning to new database platforms or consolidating databases.
- Provide support to investigate and resolve database-related issues, such as connectivity problems, data corruption, or performance degradation.
- Provide support to ensure the database systems adhere to relevant industry standards, regulations, and data privacy laws.
- Provide support to maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations, procedures, and policies.
- Provide support to implement automation and scripting to streamline repetitive tasks and improve efficiency.
- Provide additional support to internal departments as and when needed.
- Provide support to install, configure, and maintain physical and virtual servers to ensure proper operation and availability.
- Provide support to manage and update operating systems (e.g., Windows Server, Linux) to keep them secure and up to date.
- Provide support to create and manage user accounts, access rights, and permissions to control user access to systems and data.
- Provide support to install and update software applications on servers and end-user machines to ensure they run with the latest versions and security patches.
- Provide support to implement and manage data backup solutions to protect against data loss and develop recovery procedures to restore data in case of emergencies.
- Provide support to implement security measures to protect the organization's IT systems from cybersecurity threats, including setting up firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and monitoring for suspicious activities.
- Provide support to investigate and resolve hardware, software, and network issues to minimize downtime and ensure smooth operation.
- Provide support to continuously monitor system performance, identify bottlenecks, and optimize system configurations for improved efficiency.
- Provide support to develop and implement disaster recovery plans and backup strategies to ensure business continuity in case of system failures or disasters.
- Provide support to maintain comprehensive documentation of system configurations, procedures, and policies.
- Provide support to manage virtualized environments and cloud-based services to utilize resources efficiently and effectively.
- Provide support to implement automation and scripting to streamline repetitive tasks and improve administrative efficiency.
- Provide technical support, assisting with IT-related issues and troubleshooting problems.
- Provide support to ensure that IT systems and practices comply with industry standards, regulations, and internal policies.
- Provide support to manage and maintain hardware components, including servers, storage devices, and peripherals.
- Provide support to estimate future hardware and resource requirements to support the organization's growth and demand.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of work experience or additional work experience in lieu of education
- Demonstrated history of Database Administration as well as Server Administration.
- Master’s degree with at least 2 years of experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.