The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Lead Electrical Engineer to work in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience to develop and produce advanced nuclear detection, radiography equipment, chemical and biological sensing instruments, and satellite sensor systems while leading a team of engineers. Emphasis is on research and development with activities ranging from support of early scientific research to transitioning products to production.
- Collaborate in scientific research, engineering product development, and test activities. Contribute to design reviews and present designs for review.
- Supervise a small team or manage projects or processes to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Work independently and use judgement to perform engineering task with uncertain and evolving requirements.
- Use judgment to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnosis of failed equipment and support root cause analysis.
- Perform data analysis and write technical reports.
- BS and 8+ years of relevant experience as an electrical engineer in an R&D environment.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional R&D development teams.
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and an entrepreneurial approach to roles and responsibilities.
- <10% travel to customer sites as required.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and have an Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects.
- Experience reviewing and documenting technical data packages for military products.
- Breadth of experience in a complementary discipline like circuit design, FPGA design, or embedded software is a plus.
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience with design/build/test of electronic systems.
- Experience designing microfluidic control systems.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.