Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a TCNO (RAP-TR) Instructional Designer / Training Specialist for assignment to support the War Fighter Readiness program at Fort Eisenhower GA, or Fort Campbell, KY.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
Instructional Design/ Developer:
- Candidate will prepare and maintain courseware and updates to be put into the TRADOC approved automated learning content management system, which is the Training Development Capability (TDC).
- Provide continued courseware development, course outline, lessons, lesson plans and writing and editing technical documents, including user manuals, white papers, annual reports, presentations and Military Technical Manuals.
- Continued courseware entails incorporating new and emerging training requirements, to include any revisions necessary due to a change in critical task and concepts as they develop into existing courseware to stay current with training events.
- Candidate will work with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user friendly.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing input to the Technical Manual and Training Packages geared toward the efficiency of installation and integration procedures for all assigned products and Network Modernization projects.
- Candidate will be traveling as required to accomplish objectives.
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on JENM communications systems.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation prior to issue.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices across the program and through peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Prepare and coordinate TPF activities including New Material Introductory Briefings (NMIB), validation of unit Materiel Requirements Lists (MRL), prepare After Action Reports (AAR) and other actions as required for the TPF.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience on JENM related systems
- Must have Microsoft Office experience.
- Must be certified by the Training Developing Capabilities (TDC) course from one of the Army’s Center of Excellence (CoEs) or ability to obtain within 180 days.
- Candidate must have superior communication and presentation skills, ability to interpret technical documentation, and gather additional testing and maintenance procedure for documentation.
- Have working knowledge of applicable editing and database software.
- Valid passport or ability to obtain a passport.
- Candidate must have an active Secret clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
· Must have a DoD Secret security clearance and be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.