Leidos is currently seeking a passionate Software Engineer, who is looking to make an impact on the world. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology, empowering the intelligence and war-fighter communities as they make mission-critical decisions. The Engineering team utilizes modern software tools to integrate with external data providers, ingest historical data, and stream in near real time to our user communities. Our team ensures that over 600 data sets are integrated, flowing, accurate, and reliable: making a direct impact to mission, in a dynamic environment.
- Work with external data providers and stakeholders to engineer the ingest and distribution of mission-relevant data feeds into the FADE data ecosystem.
- Focus on the operations of COTS and GOTS software to ensure low latency, high data integrity, quality, and availability for over 600 data feeds (and growing).
- Work with users to help them troubleshoot and resolve issues with FADE data sets.
- Work in a fast-moving environment with many moving parts and be able to manage several tasks at once.
- Work with a highly qualified team to maintain the integrity of data flow by responding to real-time operational alerts.
- Bring a continuous delivery mindset while achieving high availability goals for the flow of data through the system.
- Configure and maintain data ingest work-flows (ETL) across several production systems
- Install, configure, and update a wide array of COTS/GOTS and homegrown software applications
- Support and troubleshoot diverse IT infrastructure hardware platforms and protocols
- Work with software development and systems administration staff to monitor and troubleshoot production systems
- Generate and maintain systems documentation and diagrams
- Troubleshoot network issues and establish new connectivity
- Monitor and maintain a variety of databases
- Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong software scripting skills in Python and other scripting languages (Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Prior experience of RDBMS databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySql, etc.)
- Prior experience working with the Git version-control system
- Familiarity with Commercial Cloud Systems (AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Integration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, GITLAB Runners, etc.
- Must be certified to meet DoD 8570 level IAT-II qualifications. Security+ certification or CISSP preferred. This certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire if not already certified.
- Strong systems engineering background
- Experience developing in a Linux environment preferred
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services – EC2, RDS, S3
- Hadoop, Accumulo and Map Reduce techniques
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Grafana and Kibana
- Familiarity with message broker software such as Kafka
- Familiarity with data streaming applications such as Storm
- Understands compiled languages including Java
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.