Unleash Your Potential:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our Mission, Vision and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Leidos, under the NISC IV program, is seeking experienced candidates for the role of Construction Manager to provide technical construction management and oversight support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) facility modernization projects. This position involves construction inspection assistance for various projects, including environmental equipment and mechanical system installations, roofing, parking lots, facility refurbishment, and security door installations. These projects are in the central United States under the FAA and are managed out of regional offices located in Fort Worth, Texas, Des Plaines, IL and Kansas City, MO.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The candidate will support the FAA’s Engineering Services Terminal team by applying broad experience and advanced technical knowledge on multiple, varying, and complex assignments. It is necessary to plan, coordinate and perform work with a high degree of independence, while keeping the Project Engineer advised of significant problem areas. The work will require the ability to operate independently to evaluate the functional status of systems and facilities, construction progress, review electrical schematics, installation designs and specifications, manage project logistics, ensure compliance with safety procedures, and prepare risk mitigation plans.
**This position requires 80% travel with each assignment typically lasting weeks or months each with expenses reimbursed. **
Routine duties will include but not limited to:
- Supervise construction of FAA projects on-site and provide quality assurance that completed work complies with the plans and specifications.
- Review, document, and report on construction progress to the FAA Resident Engineer.
- Monitor construction site safety and prepare notices of unsafe working conditions.
- Perform engineering analysis with respect to code compliance, reliability, maintainability, safety, economy, project specifications, and recommend corrective action where appropriate.
- Provide estimates of construction progress.
- Escort contractor personnel in security restricted areas.
- Maintain records of receipt, inventory, and condition of Government Furnished Material (GFM).
- Prepare daily entries in the Construction Logbook.
- Maintain records of all correspondence and reports pertaining to the project.
- Ensure general contractor complies with FAA Environmental, Safety, and Health policies.
- Minimum 10 years of construction oversight experience for non-degreed candidates. If degreed, prefer Civil Engineering Degree (B.S.) or similar degree with a minimum 4 years of experience as Project Engineer and / or Resident Engineer with Civil Engineering Design, Project Management experience.
- Experience with tower, shelter, and similar structures is desired.
- Proficient in project design and management.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD / MicroStation.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications
- Strong technical background and experience with construction projects, risk mitigation, coordination planning and documentation.
- May occasionally be required to work an alternate schedule such as nights/weekends to meet the needs of the construction project.
- Experience reviewing project drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites such as a working knowledge of office productivity software such as MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers, and management levels.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Suitability (to be eligible for Public Trust you must be either a US Citizen or a Perm Resident who has resided in the US for the past 3 years)
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- Driver’s license issued in the U.S. required.
Are you ready to make an impact?
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/22/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.