Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Civilian Health Solutions use a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission in advancing biomedical research and protecting public health. Our team’s focus is ensuring our health customers have the right solutions to keep pace with an ever-evolving public health landscape and prevent the next public health crisis. To explore and learn more, click here!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos’ Civilian Health Solutions Operation is seeking a dynamic, mission-centric hands-on Lead Solutions Architect to support a federal agency’s large, mission-critical IT Enterprise services.
The Solutions Architect Lead identified for this position shall be responsible for providing technical direction and support of problem definition, analysis, and implementation in a complex environment encompassing agency-wide IT services: Service Desk, Deskside Engineering and Desktop Support, Security/ Identity and Access Management, Application Development, Architecture and Cloud Services. The candidate must be able to provide IT solution recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, new technical tools/ solutions, optimization or maintenance efforts. The candidate must possess strong communications skills and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Role is anticipated to be local to the DC area for hybrid/onsite work.
- Leads and oversees technical tasks supporting contract execution. Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, SLAs, schedule and budget.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution of the IT Support Areas: Service Desk, Deskside Engineering and Desktop Support, Security/ Identity and Access Management Application Development, Cloud Services
- Works closely with the client Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Provide technical direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems in the subject matter area.
- Oversee the execution of the tasks consistent with the service level agreements and industry best practices.
- Oversee reporting of performance and execution data and information on a periodic basis and address client concerns
- Lead, mentor and coach other technical staff.
- Able to travel to customer sites.
- Active Public Trust Clearance or ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and 15 or more years of IT and architecture experience.
- Experience managing teams performing IT Infrastructure, operations and execution of complex technical projects in areas of IT infrastructure and cloud-based adoption
- ITIL Foundations or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with IT Service Management, ServiceNow or ZenDesk, RPA (UIPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere etc.) based Automation for User Support, Help Desk or Automation Processes
- Able to be present in-person in the DMV area for scheduled client, customer meetings
- Ability to potentially interact with senior staff in the agency and scientific community;
- Ability to work/ collaborate with different contractor and government teams as well as industry and vendors with a high level of professionalism, good judgment, and tact.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible at juggling competing priorities. Must be resourceful and independent problem solvers.
- Understanding of requirements for ATO and POAM gates, and security/ compliance requirements such as NIST standards (e.g. NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, etc.).
- Experience with standard system engineering lifecycle concepts, architectural frameworks, and artifacts to produce working solutions.
- Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action to Government and Leidos leadership.
- Experience producing business cases for government projects and experience estimating project work as well as operations and sustainment.
- Experience with developing and managing a customer focused continuous improvement program
- Experience within healthcare domain (preferably FDA, NIH, or agencies in HHS) is highly preferred.
- Experience with M365, Microsoft Power Platforms/Solutions, Low Code/ No Code technologies, such as Appian, Pega and Camunda.
- Recognized cloud certification, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architecture professional and other cloud provider’s certificate.
Pay Range:Pay Range $144,300.00 - $260,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.