Job Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Network Specialist to join our service team. The Network Specialist will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our organization's network installations. This role involves ensuring the stability and integrity of network services, as well as optimizing network performance. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of network protocols, hardware, and security, along with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve network issues promptly.
- Implement, and maintain the organization's network infrastructure.
- Configure and manage network devices, including routers, switches, firewalls, and access points.
- Monitor network performance and security, implementing necessary measures to optimize and protect the network.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues, including connectivity problems, latency, and outages.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure seamless integration of network services with other IT systems and applications.
- Perform regular network backups and disaster recovery planning.
- Assist in the development and implementation of network security policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging network technologies.
- Document network configurations, changes, and maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical support to end-users and other IT staff regarding network-related issues.
- Participate in on-call rotations for after-hours support.
- Proven experience as a Network Specialist or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, topologies, and technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, OSPF).
- Hands-on experience with network hardware and software, such as Cisco, Juniper, Windows servers, or similar equipment.
- Strong understanding of network security principles and best practices.
- Proficient in network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA Network+) are a plus.
- Proficient in Linux Operating Systems
- Travel up to 75% which could diminish to up to 40% over time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/15/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.