As a Battery Energy Storage Consultant with Leidos Engineering, you will be responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of utility-scale and commercial & industrial (C&I) battery energy storage systems (“BESS”), client development, and BESS technology reviews. You will collaborate in a team setting to support project managers and provide subject matter expertise in BESS technology, design, project execution, operation, and associated market applications to support independent engineering and owner’s advisory services for clients. You will support the managing of projects, develop sales proposals, and perform technology reviews.
Location: Prefer Boston, MA or Denver, CO, however, remote work will also be considered.
In this role, you can expect to grow by:
- Increasing your already robust BESS industry knowledge by performing in-depth technical diligence on a variety of BESS integrators and technology suppliers
- Gaining exposure to all facets of BESS project development, execution, commercial operation, and financing
- Collaborating with teams of other subject matter experts and exchanging knowledge on a variety of topics including renewable and thermal generation technologies, electrical and civil engineering, market projections, environmental assessments and permitting, and construction monitoring
- Engaging directly with clients including developers, independent power producers, lenders, and suppliers to assess and clearly articulate BESS technology and potential project risks.
- Maintaining relationships with key industry suppliers to keep current on latest BESS product and technology updates, changes, and improvements.
- Joining a team with small company culture that is an integral part of a large, established firm with an excellent track record and reputation.
- Playing a pivotal role in expanding and growing the BESS consulting business within Leidos
If you like a challenge, seek opportunities to grow and learn, and want to be a critical part of a team that consists of industry’s finest consultants and thought leaders, keep reading!
What sets you apart:
To be considered for the following levels:
- Junior – Mid Level: Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, with a minimum of two (2) + years of experience related to battery energy storage.
- Mid - Senior Level: Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, with a minimum of four (4) + years of experience related to battery energy storage.
- Lead Level: Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, with a minimum of eight (8) + years of experience related to battery energy storage.
Required for all levels:
- Commercial or project experience with construction and O&M contracts and contractors for utility-scale and C&I battery storage projects.
- Understanding of battery and BESS market trends in technology, capital and operating costs, major suppliers, and market applications.
- Deep understanding of major components of BESS including battery cells, battery modules, battery racks, battery management systems, power conversion systems, thermal management concepts and designs, BESS safety features, industry certifications, energy management and control systems, and system integration considerations.
- An understanding of and familiarity with BESS performance requirements and guarantees including energy augmentation concepts required for supporting energy degradation guarantees.
- First principles understanding in battery degradation, and project-level useful life.
- Expertise in BESS performance modeling concepts.
You Might Also Have:
- MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management area preferred.
Note: This role may require as much as 10% travel, including international travel, and can periodically include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs (can be typically 50-hour weeks).
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $117,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/28/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.