Leidos is looking for a Senior Windows Administrator / Test Lab Manager to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a highly complex and fast-paced program. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for monitoring test and development infrastructure systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances and an extensive network infrastructure (LAN and WAN). The candidate will also manage and maintain system backups and instances as well as explore opportunities to automate and optimize program systems. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including mitigation from performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems to identify and remediate IAVAs rapidly and accurately.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans, completing remediation, extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites, and executing monthly security scans.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Maintaining test lab, equipment, and inventory management of all resources necessary for test lab maintenance.
- Providing timely and professional support in response to calls and emails.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least twelve (12) years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have at least 6 years of experience with Linux server administration (RHEL and/or CentOS) in an enterprise environment (including both hardware installs and virtual machines).
- Must have at least seven (7) years of experience providing support for users and systems in Information Technology and/or information security environments.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience with network switches, routers, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, or similar enterprise vendors.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, VSphere and Vsphere architecture, VCenter.
- Must have experience deploying VCenter instances / virtual machines.
- Must have experience with VDI architecture and environments.
- Must have experience managing YUM repository.
- Must have a solid understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and information security principles and practices.
- Must have in-depth experience with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience helping users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be able to respond to system administration and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% per year, mainly for short duration travel (to Colorado ~3-4 times per year and to Maryland ~1-2 times per year).
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) devices for In-line Network Encryption.
- Experience with a variety of switches, firewalls, and network load balancers in an enterprise network environment.
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $108,550.00 - $196,225.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/28/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.