Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos team delivers the core backbone of the Service, Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Leidos will support network modernization efforts to provide Sailors, Marines and the civilian workforce the tools they need to be more efficient at increasing naval capabilities and further empowering the Navy Marine Corps team to compete and win.
Your Main Objective:
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Perform general Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Evaluate and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems.
- Execute LAN/BAN and Data Center Switching network design, integration, and implementation.
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and address management.
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements.
- Support engineering and design of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services; enabling telephone system to interface between data services and the network with unlimited local connection.
- Enforce Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Capabilities Requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government procedures.
- Operate standard Active Directory (AD) services plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services for network devices and appliances.
- Monitor and optimize replication speed of directory services.
- Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users, and groups.
- Design, Develop and Integrate application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform Integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Design, Develop and Integrate network switching utilizing LAN, BAN, Trunking, Port Channels and Virtual Local Area Network (VLANs) and network security utilizing VLANs, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPNs).
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies.
- Experience with the performance, design, configuration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks.
- Experience with Domain Name Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Portal (DHCP). Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- 10 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification. Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching, CCNP Data Center, Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP), or equivalent Certification, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
This Position Requires an Active Secret Security Clearance
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’d like to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.