Buckeye is seeking Geospatial Analysts to collect, process, and disseminate high-resolution 3D geospatial information working with LiDAR data and electro-optical imagery in a production environment at OCONUS locations. Our Geospatial Analysts only work while in training status or on a deployment rotation supporting CONUS or OCONUS missions. All other times they are on leave without pay (LWOP). Average deployment rotations are 3-4 months OCONUS followed by 3-4 months on LWOP. Training will be primarily conducted in Northern Virginia but relocation is not required for this position. This position is only open to current Buckeye team members.
- Understand the collection and processing of tactical and wide area mapping imagery and LiDAR
- Ensure proper collection of data for accuracy and quality
- Process raw LiDAR and electro-optical data to final products
- Color balance and orthorectify imagery, mosaic imagery into seamless maps
- Process GPS trajectories, edit LiDAR point clouds, and create digital elevation models
- Perform QA/QC and ensure proper data management
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and collection equipment
- Work closely with pilots and processing teams to plan and execute missions
- Complete necessary field logs and data transfer duties
- Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation
- May install and operate GPS, communication equipment, and various airborne sensor platforms
- Successful completion of at least two (2) Buckeye Program deployments. Hiring team will reach out to Technical Leads and/or Line Manager for performance feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or other related discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience. 6+ years of relevant experience and/or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to maintain a minimum DOD Secret security clearance.
- Ability/willingness to travel about 50% of the time and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Meet Program training and DoD medical examination requirements for deployment, including meeting all CONUS Replacement Course (CRC) deployment requirements
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Be a self-starter who works well with small teams as well as individually
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to drive/operate a motor vehicle in overseas locations
- Trained to process Buckeye Program EO and LiDAR data
- Previous experience with commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, etc.
- Formal training as a Geospatial Analyst as well as familiarity with ISR applications, tools, and systems
- Background working with military customers
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.