Dynetics group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Dayton, Ohio office. The candidate will join a diverse team primarily focused on application development in support of the modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) of aerospace weapons, sensors, and related command-and-control entities.
The candidate will utilize modern software development practices to develop and maintain highly technical tools for the user community. The work for this position will involve employing a broad range of modern web development techniques and tools in the design and development of both front-end and back-end projects. This challenging position requires a diverse set of technical and task management skills and allows for the opportunity to contribute immediately to important, meaningful work.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or other closely related field) from an accredited university with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of object-oriented software principles
- Source control and configuration management concepts
- Prior experience with modern web development (front-end or back-end)
- Candidate must have strong written communication skills, possess good people skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail and have the desire to work on a highly focused technical team of engineers, analysts, and scientists.
Candidate must be a resident of the Dayton, OH area or be willing to relocate to the Dayton, OH area.
- Basic fluency with Agile concepts and principles
- Experience with git
- Experience with modern web development tools, languages, and frameworks such as:
- Experience creating or using REST API services
- Experience leading development efforts
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing
- Experience with architectural design patterns
- Asynchronous programming techniques
- Optional but highly positive. Experience with:
- Document and/or relational databases
- DevSecOps & deployment tools and concepts (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Modern web authentication and authorization concepts/implementations
- Service containerization
- User friendly UI/UX design
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/30/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.