Dynetics Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Threat System Engineer to join a diverse, highly skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving foreign weapons systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive and cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific, and IT solutions.
Job responsibilities/focus areas include:
- Ensure foreign threat systems are accurately characterized and modeled in technical databases such as the Electronic Warfare Integrated Reprogramming Database (EWIRDB)
- Threat system model development to match intelligence assessments in areas including, but not limited to:
- Waveform Analysis and Scheduling
- Radar Mode Logic and Supporting Algorithms
- RF Capabilities
- Simulation Capabilities
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related technical degree from an ABET accredited school with 0 – 5 years of experience
- Must possess interpersonal skills and demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work both independently and on a highly focused technical team
- Candidate must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related technical degree. Special consideration is made for applicable experience in lieu of advanced degrees
- Threat systems analysis and/or modeling experience is preferred but not required. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of radar fundamentals
- Proficiency in Python is preferred
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.