Leidos is seeking a Program Finance Analyst who will be responsible for the financial aspects of programs in support of a wide range of customers. This position will be in the Civil Group, under the Commercial Energy Services Operation, focused on a large volume of complex direct projects in the Power Delivery Services Division.
The PFA will possess a working knowledge of multiple contract types, tools, and processes to monitor performance and ensure policy and program compliance. They may participate in new business proposals. Significant interaction with a large team to support the objectives of the assigned programs.
This position will have significant impact on the program’s operational accomplishments and will be responsible for specific processes within the programs. This position requires an organized and experienced problem solver that can pull together knowledge from a broad range of subjects to produce thorough analyses of complex, challenging issues, and use those analyses to find solutions.
The Mission: Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. The consulting group of approximately 100 employees is primarily engaged in private sector power opportunities and offers consulting services, independent engineering services, mergers & acquisition consulting, market analysis, and transmission study services. Our highly knowledgeable engineers and consultants work across functions to collaborate and challenge each other to innovate for our clients.
Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoicing
- Management of project invoice log, tracking all invoices through final payment for reporting and reconciliation
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and provide high level analysis of revenues, expenses, other overhead costs
- Create meaningful reports and find discrepancies
- Gather and organize financial documentation and records for analysis
- Must be independent in meeting deadlines and project goals
- Clear and concise communication to the client, Program Finance Manager, and other Program executives
- Ability to quickly adapt to ad hoc requests and a fast-changing environment
- Identifying trends in Financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Enter purchase requisitions into procurement system
- Adapting and utilizing all internal and external finance databases and systems
- Experience in Program Budget forecasting
- Manage, track, and report Finance issues to Finance Manager and work to resolve from start to finish
What Sets You Apart: (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree with two or less (2-) years of relevant experience
- Experience in Energy Efficiency a plus
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Excel and other analytical tools
- Must have skills to develop, maintain and/or modify accounting systems as needed to ensure adequate recognition of financial analysis and transactions
- Must possess proven capability and experience working both tandem and serial tasks, with a self-motivated and can do attitude
- Strong organizational skills needed to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to pivot quickly in situations
- Ability to manage high volumes of tasks in a fast-paced, cyclical and demanding work environment
- Ability to work as a team player, working towards one combined goal
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $76,375.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.