The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist to perform a variety of duties in connection with the development and management of high-profile business intelligence dashboards in Power BI for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) senior executives or other external groups.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse and/or large data sets from disparate sources. Develops and uses advanced statistical concepts, algorithms, querying and automated processes to clean, model, integrate and evaluate complex datasets and business problems for practical application. Is familiar with the principals of related disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing. Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations. May develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance. Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies. The successful candidate must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams to advise executives on trends, recommend solutions, and maintain existing dashboards. The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Provide operational support for the development of business intelligence dashboards to assist FAA executives make informed decisions.
- Provide input into best practices for meeting dashboarding/reporting short-term and long-term goals.
- Use advanced statistical concepts, algorithms, querying and automated processes to clean, model, integrate and evaluate complex datasets and business problems for practical application.
- Work directly with content owners and understand the authoritative data sources for data points.
- Execute the processes to pull data from the authoritative data sources and create high quality dashboards and/or reports.
- Use regression analysis and other analytical methods to draw conclusions from data;
- Create visual representations that clearly depict program information and status.
- Provide suggestions to improve the dashboarding and reporting processes.
- Create routine and ad hoc reports, ensuring they are client ready.
- Provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
- Develop and/or recommend additional mechanisms to track and report implementation of initiatives, guidance, and controls across the agency.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and two years of experience. However, Six (6) years of relevant data science experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Ability to use Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate, and Tableau to graphically display relevant data for analysis.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data analysis, using statistics, monitoring, and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Able to provide data efficiently and effectively to stakeholders with high quality and integrity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office suite, including proficiency in Excel.
- Optimistic attitude, poise, and team player.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Preferred familiarity with dashboarding tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Experience supporting data modernization projects.
- Previous FAA and/or Government contracting work experience.
- Proficient in extracting data from SharePoint
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.