Leidos is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to support a large, complex, fast-paced, operational program. The selected candidate will maintain the integrity, security, and availability of multiple databases. Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data, as well as administering, maintaining, developing, and implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. The selected candidate will evaluate and recommend available database management system products; perform database and software lifecycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance, availability, and compliance with business requirements; and organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Perform daily database administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of system database and replication issues.
- Monitor database performance and memory allocations using standard tools.
- Perform system updates and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patching.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database problems.
- Perform database recovery actions.
- Modify existing database scripts to enhance systems support and create new database scripts for recurring database issues.
- Develop and execute SQL queries for routine and ad hoc requests.
- Transition/ingest legacy data.
- Translate requirements and data into usable database schemas by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, making updates to existing queries, and creating new queries to manipulate data into a master file.
- Recommend design and implementation practices that optimize the performance of GOTS/COTS databases and applications.
- Assist in the development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
- Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and eight (8) years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Must have at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience as a database administrator.
- Must have at least three (3) years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining database security.
- Must have experience conducting database performance tuning and monitoring.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems/issues.
- Must have experience installing, configuring, and upgrading RDBMS software.
- Must have experience with procedural languages, for example: PL/SQL.
- Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology and/or as a member of an Agile team.
- Experience with database design and development
- Experience the understanding of databases, primarily Oracle and/or other relational and non-relational/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, and SQL in general.
- Experience with Mongo and/or Cassandra.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.