Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is seeking a Cyber Net Defense Analyst to support our recently awarded C5ISR DCSB contract for a full-time opening.
This position is supporting US Army Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) Defensive Cyber Solutions Branch (DCSB); performing the mission of network defense 24 hours a day, 7 days a week within a high-visibility DOD Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Coordinate investigation and response efforts throughout the Incident Response lifecycle
- Correlate and analyze events and data to determine scope of Cyber Incidents
- Acquire and analyze endpoint and network artifacts to determine impact direct remediation efforts for affected subscribers
- Recognize attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures as potential indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and Incident Response.
- Develop, document, and maintain Incident Response process, procedures, workflows, and playbooks
- Tune and maintain security tools (IDS and SIEM) to reduce false positives and improve SOC detection capabilities
- Document Investigation and Incident Response actions taken in Case Management Systems and prepare formal Incident Reports for affected subscribers
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to defend the DODIN from highly-capable advanced persistent threats (APTs).
- Require BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.; additional experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with SAP eligibility or active TS with ability to obtain SCI following hire.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) at start.
- Must have CSSP-Analyst certification or be able to obtain within 90 days of start.
- Team player comfortable working with others to achieve mission objectives
- Able to support traditional SOC shift work (i.e. days/swings/midshift)
- Demonstrated experience utilizing an enterprise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system to monitor data flow between networks
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture) to identify malicious, suspicious, or non-compliance activity with varying degrees of complexity & sophistication
- Background in traffic and/or packet analysis
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common network security elements.
- Understanding of cloud security concepts and considerations.
- Familiarity with Unix systems.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.