Leidos Defense Systems, is seeking a talented Software Engineer for its hypersonics line of business. The selected candidate will support the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB) and Multi-Service Advanced Capability Hypersonics Test Bed (MACH-TB) program. These two programs are a number one priority for strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field, come join us in this exciting, cutting-edge field.
The selected candidate will work along electrical engineers and software engineers, assisting with the evaluation, development, and testing of tactical flight software in a hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) system. The candidate will support the systems-level integration of electronic/electrical assemblies by developing software modules that will interface to hardware, which may require physical reconfiguration of hardware. The selected candidate will develop the framework in which the hardware and software systems interact. The selected candidate will also handle all tasks assigned by the lead engineer and may aid in writing reports and updating records. The candidate will be part of a diverse team whose work will include electromechanical chassis diagnosis and troubleshooting, flight software qualification, modeling and simulation development, HWIL testing, configuration of test equipment, and subsystem testing and troubleshooting. Work will be conducted a laboratory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required.
- Candidate should have at least 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must have familiarity with working with electrical schematics and cable/wiring diagrams.
- Candidate must have familiarity with the following programming languages: C/C++, MATLAB with Simulink RTOS, Python.
- Candidate must be willing to learn project specific programming languages that are required for system-level use.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, or as part of a team, in a dedicated workforce.
- Candidate must be able to provide rapid integration and troubleshooting support HWIL system-level integration.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment, which will include design, test, and manufacturing engineers.
· Travel is estimated to be less than 5%.
- Experience in electrical/electronics assembly or test.
- Experience with FPGA development, telemetry components, RF subsystems, flight software, SharePoint, or Git.
- Familiarity with CAD software.
- Candidate has PCB design experience.
- Have advanced experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation
Preference shown to candidates who:
- ·Candidate has experience in electrical/electronics assembly or test.
- Candidate has experience with FPGA development, telemetry components, RF subsystems, flight software, SharePoint, or Git.
- Candidate has familiarity with CAD software.
- Candidate has PCB design experience.
- Advanced experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation.
Candidate must be a resident of the Albuquerque NM area or willing to relocate to the area.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Final Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/03/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.