Dynetics group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
- The employee in this role will support the Dynetics Space Systems Division with development of aerospace products and support equipment.
- Responsibilities include
- performing duties related to electrical systems, including the design of electrical cables, the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and/or testing/screening of electronic parts and systems in high reliability applications,
- the creation of engineering requirements specifications and drawings,
- advising projects on part selections maximizing reliability while considering cost and schedule constraints.
- Candidate is expected to apply knowledge of industry practices and standards across a range of applications and systems, and to support project team meetings and reviews, with a high degree of personal and professional responsibility.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least two (2) years of direct experience in engineering design activities, preferably in aerospace or spaceflight industry.
- Must have professional experience with EEE parts and supporting Mil-STDs.
- Candidate must have proven ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
- Candidate must be able to write technical reports and to present results to a multi-disciplined team.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Experience in use of computer-aided engineering tools. Experience with SolidWorks Electrical a plus.
- Programming experience in C or similar language
- Experience selecting space rated components meeting NASA standards
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $117,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.