Leidos Defense Systems, is seeking a passionate, detailed-oriented problem-solver to serve as a SR Systems Engineer to boost the Multi-Service Advanced Capability Hypersonics Test Bed (MACH-TB) Flight Test Program as part of the Hypersonics and Advanced Materials Division.
The focus of the MACH-TB Program is to develop rapid cadence, affordable flight-testing capabilities to quickly advance the hypersonic glide vehicle Technology Readiness Level. As an integral member of the MACH-TB Team, the successful candidate will utilize digital engineering and systems engineering practices and tools, including CAMEO, to identify issues and formulate candidate solutions within complex, highly codependent hardware systems and programs. The systems engineer will coordinate MACH-TB system engineering for prototype development and as-build configurations. This includes application of the SEMP defined processes, working identified updates and change requests, executing verification plans, and acceptance testing. The systems engineer will serve as a liaison with the customer in Crane, Indiana to answer questions and provide a local systems engineering contact. The systems engineer will work under the direction of the Principal Systems Engineer in application of systems engineering standard processes and best practices to an existing workflow to efficiently:
- Manage System specification application and updates from Task Order, Specifications and Test Plans
- Guide verification and traceability of deliverables back to System Specifications.
- Assist in development of test plans and process improvements
- Facilitate configuration management of the technical data package
- Develop and maintain a clear comprehension of overall system interdependencies and interfaces
- Implement creative solutions to ensure program specifications are upheld
- Identify, mitigate and resolve risks
- Coordinating systems engineering with the customer
- Perform other related job duties as needed
- Travel to supplier sites as needed (up to 20%)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with eight (8)+ years of relevant work history or an MS in a related field with six (6)+ years applicable work history.
- Familiarity with CAMEO
- Background with system level requirements
- Detailed comprehension of the top-down systems engineering process for architecture development and bottoms-up verification
- Demonstrates solid appreciation and intuition of the functionality and interdependency of complex physical systems
- History applying systems engineering practices in flexible and creative ways to promote programs with unique developmental constraints
- Demonstrates solid realisation and intuition of the functionality and interdependency of complex physical systems
- Demonstrated ability to work with the customer to clarify program difficulties and/or system needs
- Past work history as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) or Systems Engineering team
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Organizational skills to document work and interface with team members to ensure flow of information
Candidate will reside in, or be willing to relocate to the Crane - Indiana area
- A current DOD Secret clearance
- Background with prototype production efforts
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/04/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.