Leidos Defense Systems, is seeking a talented Principal Missile System Engineer/Design Architect to support the Multi-Service Advanced Capability Hypersonics Test Bed (MACH-TB) Flight Test Program as member of the Advanced Materials Product Group.
As Senior Missile Systems Engineer on the MACH-TB program, the successful candidate will serve a key function in leading the design evolutions of electro-mechanical hardware and test planning in support of this program, which is focused on quickly accelerating our nation’s hypersonic weapons testing capabilities. Specific duties may encompass team leadership, mechanical design, electronics design, materials evaluation, requirements specification and source selection of missile systems or components. Areas of work will include documenting mechanical and electro-mechanical designs of the hypersonic test glide body or mechanical structure and components as well as assembly, test equipment, and transport fixtures.
The candidate may assist in preparation of RFP for component manufacturing, including parts management, quality, test requirements and documentation. In addition, the candidate may provide supplier surveillance during installation and inspection as well as review technical drawings and update/correct as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required.
- Candidate should have at least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with design of electrical and mechanical missile systems or other high-speed flight systems
- Experience leading multi-displinary technical teams
- Ability to accept potentially disparate, stated or implied, high-level objectives from multiple stakeholders and work collaboratively to translate into a vision for the design evolution of an existing design
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail, and work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers, subcontractors, and partner organizations to build consensus around high-level design decisions
- Candidate must have experience with CAD software and 3D modeling. (i.e., SolidWorks, NX, ACAD or PTC CREO)
- Knowledge of ASME drawing standards
- Professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with missile or other high-speed flight systems
- Experience serving as chief engineer on a missile or high-speed flight program
- Experience in the selection of compatible materials, fasteners, coatings, processes and assembly methods
- Experience in the selection of compatible power systems, cabling, connectors, and data communications formats
- Experience with testing of missile components, subsystems, systems and related test equipment
- Experience leading the design or architecture of missile systems or high-speed flight systems
- Experience with establishing design artifacts, supporting or leading design reviews, assisting with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and supporting production and test of flight systems
- Experience with engineering support of production, design for manufacturing, and/or design for cost
- The ideal candidate would have experience in high-speed missile systems and a current DoD Secret clearance
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $144,300.00 - $260,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/04/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.