The 1901 Group at Leidos seeks a Windows Engineer to support the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Information Management Services & Support (IMSS) program. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the Windows IT infrastructure including installation, modification, maintenance, testing, and servicing of customer Windows server equipment in a combination physical and virtual environment. Work activities will require solving complex problems with ingenuity and creativity and will involve evaluating and recommending new technologies. The role is an engineering role and will include systems administration tasks as part of the responsibilities.
This position requires clear communication with internal team members and across multiple task areas and clients, as well as external organizations (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.). The position also works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches to continuously improve and modernize the customer’s network infrastructure.
- Ensure management of the customer’s Windows environment including Windows 2016, 2019, and 2022 in an on-premises and Azure cloud environment.
- Play an active role in rapidly driving towards a homogenous Windows environment (currently targeted to Windows 2022).
- Work with application owners to understand application requirements and support application migrations to current Windows versions and to the Azure Cloud.
- Support account management for administrative and privileged accounts.
- Interact with vendors as required to support troubleshooting of issues, coordinate changes, and develop strategic improvements.
- Ensure security of the environment through adherence to security standards and device configuration in accordance with FTC security requirements.
- Use customer ticket management solution (ServiceNow) to log and track all activities.
- Review and monitor the state of the server environment. React with urgency to identified environmental issues.
- Perform routine patching and maintenance of Windows server environments.
- Develop and maintain documentation describing the server environment including, but not limited to, architecture diagrams, design documents, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and tracking lists necessary to accurately maintain the server environment.
- Adhere to the customer’s change management process. Ensure all changes are well documented with test plans, architecture and design documentation, roll-back plans, and any other documentation required by the change process.
- Support tickets as assigned that will include, but not be limited to:
- Upgrades and troubleshooting
- Account management
- Patching and vulnerability management.
- Support asset tracking of server assets and maintain accurate inventory of the environment.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work as part of a team to identify and resolve complex problems,
- Recommend changes that may improve overall infrastructure reliability including technology and process.
- Serve as a member of the on-call and after-hours support rotation.
Support after hours and weekend network maintenance activities.
- Support strategic improvements to the environment including the migration of components and services to the cloud.
- Ensure achievement of program Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Attend technical and recurring status meetings as required.
- BS degree in a technical domain and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- At least ONE of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+ or (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWM). Commitment to obtain one of the certifications within six months of start is acceptable.
- Strong Windows 2016, 2019, and 2022 experience.
- Experience with operating server environments in the cloud.
- Significant experience with DHCP, DNS, GPOs, and Active Directory.
- Azure experience – Migration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with VMWare 7.0 (Hypervisor, ESXi).
- Basic understanding of physical and virtual storage.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Strong communication skills with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Commitment to work onsite at our customer’s primary location in Washington, D.C. two days per week, 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern. Up to 60% remote work is acceptable with proximity to Washington, D.C. sites within one hour commute time.
- Ability to work overtime and support off-hours maintenance windows as required.
- Ability to perform physical work activities including standing, walking, bending, squatting, crawling (e.g., while running/tracing network cables) and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel if required in support of job responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an FTC Position of Trust clearance.
- Experience with certificates/PKI.
- Experience with monitoring tools including SolarWinds and ScienceLogic SL1.
- Relevant Windows engineering and administration certifications.
- Experience with Unix/Linux.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.