Job Description: Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Hardware Inventory Specialist in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will provide expert knowledge of the lifecycle of hardware assets ordered by the customer. The candidate will focus on tracking and control of assets from customer stock. The candidate will collaborate with Procurement team Material Planners and warehouse receiving staff to train asset inventory staff, specifically on appropriate processes and procedures. The candidate will support the documentation of our asset inventory process and procedures to include reconciling procedures, access controls, and privileges. Assess overall performance of the team, perform progress monitoring, reporting and identify potential problem areas for resolution.
Review resume and provide assessment of potential candidates, write up performance evaluations and resolve any customer feedback as it relates to personnel.
Works with management to ensure all projects are set up and executed in a manner consistent with company and government expectations, policies, and procedures.
Provide customer service support as the point of contact for issues related to Asset management where Desktop IT devices are concerned.
Provided expert technical assistance to the customer using ServiceNow.
Lead the team in troubleshooting and resolving issues, using ServiceNow, Query tools, and Cisco Works User Tracker.
Provided technical and training support on the Service Delivery Center’s policy.
Proven example of product support planning and successful execution
Understands TEMPEST requirements and the need to report configuration changes to the product baseline.
The new hire will:
- Ensure the correct roles and responsibilities are defined in our asset inventory plan/procedures.
- Work with other asset inventory stakeholders to identify assets correctly when they are submitted during the procurement phase.
- Validate IT assets are received correctly, ensuring transaction and issuance of assets to correct CMR.
- Ensure assets are submitted correctly in the system and procurement users comply with identification standards.
- Liaise with Asset Tracking Branch on population of asset and asset transactions and issuance.
- Perform asset audits to ensure physical inventory is consistent with the inventory tracked in the system of record (“G-system”), initiating corrective action through change control documentation.
- Maintain project status information and status accounting records and reports.
- Assist Asset Tracking Branch in report definition as required.
- Maintain and reconcile databases containing asset information regarding the organization's hardware.
This position requires leadership, ensuring our SINGLELOCK team follows our hardware asset management and inventory tracking/accounting standard operating procedure (SOP).
Position requires a HS Diploma with 5+ years of relevant experience.
The selected candidate must:
- Exercise good judgment coordinating and integrating the flow of materials and information among vendors, manufacturers, distributors, and customers.
- Direct resources on appropriate and accurate shipping and storage of all computer hardware, parts, and printer supplies.
- Assess overall performance of the team, perform progress monitoring, report and identify potential problem areas.
- Work with management to ensure all projects are set up and executed in a manner consistent with company and government expectations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide customer service support as the point of contact for issues related to ssset management where Desktop IT devices are concerned.
- Provide expert technical assistance to the customer using the Remedy database.
- Lead the team in troubleshooting and resolving issues, using Remedy, Query tools, and Cisco Works User Tracker.
- Provide technical and training support on the Service Delivery Center’s policy.
- Understand TEMPEST requirements and the need to report configuration changes to the product baseline.
The new hire will also:
- Be responsible for ensuring daily deliveries are accounted for with assets issued within 24 hours of delivery.
- Ensure all team members are following the correct process to track equipment issued from and returned to customer inventory.
- Utilize the PowerBI interface to track which inventory items require additional research to ensure issuance is complete.
- Collaborate monthly with sister program asset tracking branch to validate all equipment issued is accounted as being delivered from our customer CMR.
- Collaborate with the Warehouse team to validate systems are reflective of manifests provided by the logistics team in relation to assets issued and transactions applied.
Pay Range:Pay Range $49,400.00 - $89,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.