Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Senior Substation Physical Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced Walled Lake, MI organization. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
This position will consider candidates residing anywhere in U.S., especially in in the Walled Lake, MI area, . Whether you prefer a standard or a flexible work schedule, or a remote, hybrid, or full-time office location, Leidos can tailor your career to match your lifestyle.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
The Substation Engineer will work under the direct supervision of an experienced engineer and is expected to work independently on his/her assignments.
*This role has the capability to work remote but will require someone to travel to the Walled Lake, MI office as needed to provide support for our utility clients and teams.
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Perform conceptual and detailed HV and MV Substation Physical/Electrical design for utilities/substations (including basic layout, electrical arrangement, one line, three line drawings, plan-section, grounding, AC and DC system drawings)
- Perform engineering studies and calculations
- Perform Quality Control reviews on substation physical design projects
- Assume the role of technical lead on projects with limited guidance
- Create and review bill of materials for substation physical projects
- Develop and review proposals, and scopes of work for smaller substation physical projects
- Be involved in client interaction (including site visits) with a senior, project or lead project engineer
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with the internal teams and clients to meet project objectives
- Develop leadership skills in preparation for future roles on the team
What you will bring to the table:
- 4+ years of Substation physical design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, civil or related degree
- Experience with grounding studies/lightning protection and lighting studies.
It would be nice if you had:
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E) license
- Master’s degree in related field
- Working knowledge of protection and control design
- Experience with bus calculation
- Experience with WinIGS or CDEGS
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By working with different types of projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
- By participating in our mentorship program
- By gaining knowledge in electrical power calculations and NESC
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.