Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Energy Infrastructure and Automation (EI&A) Business Area within the Commercial & International Business Sector of Leidos is seeking a Senior Director Channel Development to help align and deliver innovative commercial solutions that enable domestic and international energy clients to solve mission-critical energy infrastructure challenges.
The Mission: As the Senior Director of Channel Development for Energy Infrastructure, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full Growth life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a fast-paced environment. You are expected to facilitate alignment of Leidos’ commercial energy offerings to meet customer’s mission objectives.
Work Location: Preferred locations would be Reston, VA, Orlando, FL or Charlotte, NC but will consider candidates within the United States.
In this role you will identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall Growth Strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, campaigns and associated Energy Infrastructure marketing for the Business Area You will collaborate with a team of Growth professionals, including capture managers, Growth leads and Growth analysts, in achievement of the Business Areas short and long-term business development goals. You will maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ commercial expertise and capabilities into new and emergent commercial areas domestically and internationally.
- Develops, informs, and communicates Leidos’ approach for energy infrastructure growth domestically and internationally.
- Partner with all of the relevant Division VPs to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Represents Leidos as the primary face to international and domestic customers, partners, and associations for Leidos Energy Infrastructure business in domestic and international markets.
- Communicate as an expert on relevant Energy Infrastructure topics including electric vehicle charging, long duration energy storage, microgrids, climate change, and other relevant topics.
- Advises current and prospective clients on technoeconomic decision related to the development, acquisition, and tradeoffs for energy infrastructure projects.
- Continues to maintain enduring client relationships post-contract award.
- Serves as key member of Leidos leadership in the Energy Infrastructure market.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue domestically and internationally.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the pipeline, recommends growth priorities and resource allocations.
- Establishes and measures progress with the Divisions’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets.
- Coordinates and leads meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develop and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new commercial business opportunities domestically and internationally.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences, and panels.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
What Sets You Apart: (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree and at least ten (10) + years of relevant experience.
- Ten (10) + years of experience delivering results as part of a business development team supporting multiple solutions.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and growing new markets focused on energy infrastructure which positively impact resilience and climate change.
- Experienced developing technical content specific to Energy Infrastructure, including whitepapers, requests for information, technical briefings, position papers, and formal proposals.
- Knowledgeable of relevant provisions in Federal legislation and executive orders including Inflation Reduction Act, Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, Executive Order 14057 and effects of this type of legislation on the domestic commercial market.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of how to develop Federal energy infrastructure projects using commercial procedures (i.e., non-Cost Accounting Standards based).
- Technically proficient in relevant policies and technologies having to do with Electric Vehicle Charging, Long Duration Energy Storage, Microgrids, and other Energy Resilience technologies.
- Recognized and sought out as a speaker, panelist, and moderator at industry and Government conferences and events.
- Recognized as a leader across industry through trade associations and public/private working groups
- Demonstrated experienced leveraging Other Transaction Authorities to gain market share for non-traditional (Commercial) defense contractors.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Travel up to 75% as required to achieve goals
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference!
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.