Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Civilian Health Solutions use a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission in advancing biomedical research and protecting public health. Our team’s focus is ensuring our health customers have the right solutions to keep pace with an ever-evolving public health landscape and prevent the next public health crisis. To explore and learn more, click here!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos’ Civilian Health Solutions Operation is seeking a dynamic, mission-centric hands-on Applications Developer to support a federal agency’s large, mission-critical IT Enterprise services.
The Application Developer identified for this position shall be responsible for providing technical support for Application Development and supporting services. The candidate must be able to provide IT solution recommendations and advise on system improvements, new technical tools/ solutions, optimization or maintenance efforts. The candidate must possess strong communications skills and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Provide client-side tool development and database support
- Work closely with the Solutions Architect Lead and development team to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, SLAs, governance and technical constraints.
- Work closely with the client Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding application development, providing technical analysis and design input for solutions.
- Develops solutions, approaches, and/or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors
- Mentor and coach other technical staff.
- Work within an Agile environment.
- Active Public Trust Clearance or ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and 5 or more years of IT and software experience.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be customer focused and be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must have production support experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to potentially interact with senior staff in the agency and scientific community;
- Ability to work/ collaborate with different contractor and government teams as well as industry and vendors with a high level of professionalism, good judgment, and tact.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible at juggling competing priorities. Must be resourceful and independent problem solvers.
- Experience with standard system engineering lifecycle concepts, architectural frameworks, and artifacts to produce working solutions.
- Experience within healthcare domain (preferably ARPA-H, FDA, NIH, or agencies in HHS) is highly preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.