Leidos is seeking a motivated and experienced manager to lead the Sterling Integration business delivering rugged hardware for our DoD customers. We are developing, qualifying, and producing various hardware products that are currently installed on almost every ship and submarine in America’s Navy. And our goal is to continue to increase the population of Sterling built products in the Fleet every year!
As the Portfolio Manager, responsibilities will include leading the capture and proposal process for all future efforts, working with customers and the Leidos BD staff to determine future requirements, and prioritize resources to the opportunities that best meet overall goals. You will also oversee all the engineering development projects to ensure that we’re designing the optimum solutions. You will work with Material Control along with the planners and the Shared Service Center to obtain the materials to meet budget and schedule. And you will oversee production, ensuring they have the properly trained technical staff so that they can build the products on time and on budget.
Sterling Integration operates under AS9100 (and ISO 9001) processes and maintains those certifications while working with the Leidos Mission Assurance organization.
- Lead a team of 45 - 60 employees in Engineering, Production/Integration, Material Control, Warehouse and Quality Control/Assurance as well as the Project Managers and functional support staff, ensuring they are optimally engaged with the various opportunities, maintaining their training and certifications, as well as supporting the growth of the organization.
- Oversee project execution (approximately 100 delivery orders with 180-day Periods of Performance as well as 5 large Navy ACAT programs. This includes creating and submitting deliverables (soft and hard) prepare multiple project-related contract deliverables, interface with multiple customers and oversee develop of pipelines for 4 Areas of Responsibilities (AORs).
- The Sterling Integration Portfolio Manager will be responsible for cradle-to-grave oversight of projects, including governance, financial, and schedule management.
- The successful candidate will have prior experience managing personnel, working with subcontractors, a solid understanding of the change management process.
- For larger projects, the Project Portfolio Manager will engage in pipeline activities, including proposal management for large Task Order projects and working with customers to elicit and derive requirements.
What Sets You Apart – Base requirements:
- In depth knowledge of at least one of the sites prime customers for our shipboard hardware: NAVSEA, NAVWAR, NAVAIR (or their field activities) with deep domain experience in Navy budgeting, requirements generation, and DoD procurement processes.
- Minimum of 2 years of Business Development experience with knowledge of the Leidos WIN Plan (and/or Win Plan lite) process.
- Knowledge of Lean processes, reducing waste in all aspects of running a business
- Very organized, detail-oriented leader with a vision for running a business that supports the unique needs of the U.S. Navy.
- Proven experience dealing with Government stakeholders to include OSD, CAPE, Armed Services, and Congress to achieve policy and budget objectives.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills
- The wherewithal to determine investment strategies (IRaD, Marketing, B&P, limited personnel resources) to win future work.
- Requires on-site work in Sterling, VA; No regular telework.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- DAWIA Program Manager Level III or PMP Certification.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and trade shows as required.
- Experience with managing engineering teams to deliver products and design solutions
- Worked in a Fixed Price environment.
- Understanding of Engineering principles – mechanical, electrical or computer/IT to support new product definition or design.
- Operational experience using systems that Sterling Integration has developed or knowledge of the systems that are part of the Sterling Integration pipeline.
- In depth knowledge of more than one of our prime customers for our shipboard hardware: NAVSEA, NAVWAR, NAVAIR (or their field activities), shipbuilders, Navy nuclear power, Integrated Warfare Systems, Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I). Shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM & E) Systems.
- Experience leading technical proposals or participating in business development strategy development and capture execution.
- Understanding of a business model and management of a CAT A service Center.
Pay Range:Pay Range $131,300.00 - $237,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.