The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Configuration Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Windsor Mill, MD
Provides operational configuration and change management experience and expertise to The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) VDC and HIGLAS hosting programs. This position will also provide business process and analysis support to the programs. Leads, coordinates, and tracks all configuration/change activities under operations and new implementations as part of the program while evaluating impacts and risks to the customer and business mission. This person will be responsible for all CM across multiple data centers and formal tickets and action items between the VDC and HIGLAS customers and Leidos. CM also includes validation and verification of tickets to work performed as well as auditing usage of ITSM toolsets, processes, and procedures. The nature of the work requires the individual to perform much of their role autonomously, making decisions regarding which issues to escalate to management, while working in a matrixed environment. The successful candidate will be expected to analyze and breakdown difficult problems and determine appropriate solutions that will be accepted by the client and program stakeholders.
- Represent the program at internal and external reviews
- Lead operational reviews to meet target objectives
- Analyze and predict problems using trending and ticket analysis before they occur and push forward with solutions and risk mitigations to avoid issues
- Provide monitoring and alert recommendations and solutions to more efficiently and accurately meet stakeholder needs
- Facilitate functionally diverse workgroups to develop common elements such as systems needs, features, requirements, common configurations and test specifications
- Facilitate workgroups to promote and champion the use of information system components
- Participate as a collaborative project team member in developing and implementing information system components
- Develop, deliver and gain endorsement for key project deliverables such as needs assessments, decision items, and various briefings
- Articulate results to a diverse audience to gain concurrence and acceptance
- Apply principles of effective communications, change management, and configuration management using ITIL principles and framework
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
-Experience with CMS processes, procedures and policies
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: