Leidos is seeking Cyber Security Policy Professionals in Amarillo TX and Oak Ridge TN.
Remote work is not available.
The Cyber Security Professional is responsible for the certification and testing of systems, as well as the development of required cyber documentation for new/existing systems. Additionally, this person will need to develop automated testing scripts/tools for continuous monitoring of assets. This role is expected to have an understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the various supporting elements. This role is expected to stay up to date on the latest risks and threats to information security systems, as well as working with the technology subject matter expert to develop risk assessments and the proper mitigations.
Successful candidates will have:
• Knowledge of Federal Cyber security protection standards and baselines (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST SP 800-53, DoD STIGs, CNSSI 1253)
• Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-37 and SP 800-39)
• Ability to identify cyber risks and appropriate mitigations
• Ability to create required documentation and to leverage automated tools such as electronic Governance, Risk, and Compliance (eGRC) systems
• Ability to develop and manage system life cycle events such as certification and accreditation activities, annual risk and contingency reviews, and privacy impact reviews
• Ability to develop and update system baselines and threat models for deployment and risk acceptance decisions
• Ability to research and document security best practices for particular devices, applications, and emerging technologies
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Federal and industry-standard software quality assurance practices
• Strong teamwork skills, including interaction with end users and operations personnel, in a service-oriented environment
• Ability to present administrative, technical, and operational information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word as well as diagrams and charts
• Ability to document work and train others
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
-Power homes and businesses
-Guide air traffic
-Streamline tax returns
-Protect digital footprints
-Contain environmental incidents
-Heighten port security
-Enable scientific discovery
Leidos is a member company of the joint venture Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS).
CNS manages and operates the Pantex Plant in Texas and the Y-12 National Security Complex in Tennessee under a single contract from the U.S. Department of Energy/NNSA. Pantex, located northeast of Amarillo, Texas, is the nation's primary facility for the final assembly, dismantlement, and maintenance of nuclear weapons. Providing the nuclear deterrent for our nation and allies, ensuring our stockpile is strong and viable, reducing the total nuclear weapons in the stockpile, and supporting the stockpile as the High Explosive Center of Excellence are key activities at this historic site. Y-12 helps ensure a safe and effective U.S. nuclear weapons deterrent by retrieving and storing nuclear materials, fueling the nation's naval reactors, and performing complementary work for other government and private-sector entities. Y-12 is our nation's Uranium Center of Excellence.
Required experience: At least 2+ years of network and/or security system administration, infrastructure support, programming, field engineering, telecommunications, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, Cyber Security, or related experience (experience with law enforcement or military training in a relevant area); at least 3 years of experience in Cyber Security or security auditing fields experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Networking/Telecommunications preferred, however, a combination of education and related experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the positions duties and accountabilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.