The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for an Executive Desktop Support Specialist at The Pentagon, National Capital Region.
JOB SUMMARY: Executive Desktop Support Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program. The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. Executive Support is responsible for providing AF Senior Officers (SECAF, CSAF, and all Air Force General Officers and SES personnel) executive desktop support, repair and/or installation support of existing and new hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within the 300 mile radius of the NCR. Duties may include but are not limited to providing support in the Pentagon or Joint Base Andrews, General Officer Residences on base, assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to area-wide procedural/policy changes, roving site support services and on-call duties which consist of being available by phone overnight on a rotating schedule (one night per month on average).
• Support 100 Platinum and 350 Gold Customers in The Pentagon and NCR area.
• Daily interaction with Senior Air Force Officers and Senior GS Civilians to troubleshoot computer problems.
• Address any immediate customer issues and elevates any problems to the Executive Support lead to resolve any customer issues.
• Perform hardware and software diagnostics.
• Coordinate needed hardware and software repairs and resolve computer system problems including coordination between users and components of a local area network. • Participate in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
• Work to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/project team. Work independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments and assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments as needed.
• Coordinate with the Communication Focal Point Manager any outages or issues with equipment other than the typical desktop issues.
• Troubleshoot Office 2016
• iPhone troubleshooting with Mobile Iron
• Remedy 9.0 IT Service Management Application
• Professionally troubleshoot notebooks and desktops
• Experience with Bomgar
• Experience with BEL Manage
• Fast-paced environment
• Technically strong and able to make quick, sound decisions
• High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Security+ce or equivalent level certification.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Working knowledge of Remedy and building reports for SLA Management.
• Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders in a faced paced environment.
External Referral Eligible