The Government Health and Safety Operations is currently looking for a middleware administrator to support a large healthcare program in Baltimore.
The ideal candidate resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function's strategy and operations. Create Java Virtual Machines using WebSphere and IBM Webserver including installation, configuration and setup. Expertise in SSL certificate setup and configuration and supporting COTS middleware integration products end to end. Shell, Python and Ansible scripting skills desired. Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. Will communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.). Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
• Hands on experience working with high availability systems and administering and architecting middleware environments, including deployments, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
• Experience working with the latest versions of IBM WebSphere Products, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, MQ , IBM Http server, WebLogic, IBM FileNet Content Management and P8 Administration.
• Experience working with Installing and configuring Enterprise Content Management Products like IBM Content Manager, IBM Content Navigator, IBM Case Manager for Investigations and IBM Daeja ViewONE.
• Hands on experience to create FileNet P8 Domain, configure datasources, object stores and create workflows.
• Provides technical consulting on the use & integration of the Middleware system utilities, tools, and applications. Strong understanding of different operating systems like Red Hat Linux, Z-Linux, X86 and Windows.
• Hands on experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, jython/python, developing playbooks with Ansible and use these tools to develop scripts to automate middleware administration task ( Ex - Builds, patching, deployments )
• Familiarity with using a ticketing system to document and track work status. Proficiency in using SERVICE NOW, and JIRA ticketing systems. Create/generate reports, dashboards and homepages.
• Knowledge on using monitoring tools like CA Wily, NEW RELIC, SPLUNK and EXTRAHOP. Configure these tools to work with middleware products.
• Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment. Research, evaluate and test new middleware products and/or technologies and implement POCs (Proof Of Concepts).
• Ensures adherence to established standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions and recommend strategies for technical aspects of system improvements.
• Works closely with the application development organization and other functional IT areas to determine best practices, tuning, problem resolution and root cause analysis in the WAS & Middleware space.
• Experience with IBM PMR process is a plus.
• Manages engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery. Strong Understanding of ITIL Principles, good communication skills, On-Call Coverage during off hours and Holidays.
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.