Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Linux System Engineer to support our DISA Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Montgomery, AL. We are presently hiring several resources across through locations: Ft Meade, MD; Montgomery AL and Scott AFB, IL. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
In this role you will:
Support the development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of the Linux infrastructure within the JRSS architecture.
Provide tier 2/3 operations support for JRSS Linux systems.
Implement, test and evaluate upgrades, perform patching, STIG'ing, and troubleshoot system issues.
Support the design, development, test, and deployment of the JRSS Linux based systems as required for new or upgraded functionality.
Develop documentation as required to operationalize new or updated capabilities. Deploy systems into production.
- Requires a BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent Work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- You must hold an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret per program requirements
- You must hold a current IAT II 8570 Certification (Security+ce or CISSP preferred)
- Understanding of Linux Server design, configuration and administration
- Scripting experience
- Significant experience administering Linux servers
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience with NFS, NTP, Syslog, RHEL Linux, Satellite
- Experience with DISA STIG
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Good understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
- Ability to write scripts to complete repetitive tasks using open source programming languages such as Shell script Python, Bash, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Familiarity with RDBM systems such as Oracle
- Virtualization technologies including RHEV, VMware, vSphere, or Citrix Xenserver
- Good understanding of ports and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, NFS)
- Experience with network storage such as SAN and NAS, specifically HP and EMC products
External Referral Eligible