Leidos has a career opening for a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator located at either DISA HQ at Fort Meade, MD or DISA Global at Scott AFB, IL. ***This position will allow for telecommuting about 50% of the time***
This systems administrator will support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution.
• Work independently to ensure the reliability, availability and security of the SDN solution by proactively monitoring the system, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations are preserved.
• Manage, maintain and synchronize multiple SDN environments (dev, test, pre-prod, prod) across multiple geographic locations.
• Maintain configuration management and baseline control of development, test, pre-production and production environments.
• Conduct regular security scans, analyze results and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs.
• Maintenance of the SDN solution, including patching of operating systems and COTS/FOSS/GOTS, conducting and testing regular backups, and monitoring and tuning of system and network performance.
• Configure, manage and maintain the various components of the SDN solution (application servers, load balancers, databases, operating systems, etc.)
• Manage, track and maintain configuration items including licenses, SSL certificates, and hardware/software baseline
• Support SDN baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware.
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
• Perform trend analysis on component failures, network/node outages, and network performance parameters.
• Interact with software and hardware vendors to evaluate vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
• Work with network engineers to troubleshoot network issues, as necessary.
• Escalate support issues to vendors and other parties as necessary and coordinate resolution.
• Access management including creation and management of user and service accounts.
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 9+ years of overall related experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
• Hold a current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) or higher.
• Experience installing, managing and maintaining RHEL 7 servers in a production environment.
• Experience managing virtualized infrastructure in an VMware ESXi environment.
• Experience applying DevOps concepts and tools to automate repetitive tasks and ensure baseline consistency across multiple environments.
• Experience deploying, managing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of complex software products across multiple environments.
• Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages such as Perl or Python.
• Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
• Experience supporting, installing and configuring enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
• Currently possess an active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance.
• Experience managing HP integrated BladeSystem enclosures, including managing Onboard Administrator, iLO and interconnect modules.
• Experience with PostgreSQL, including monitoring, managing and maintaining replicated databases.
• Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems.
• Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certified.
• Windows Server experience.