Leidos is seeking candidates for a Sr. System Admin position supporting our customer in St. Louis. An active TS/SCI level clearance is required.
This position is responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Sets up administrator and service accounts
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- May program in an administrative language
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications: 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. 2-5 years of directly related experience in a network/system administration related support role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired
- Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA *Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity *SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation *Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare *Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems
- Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel