No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
***Applicant must have an ACTIVE "Top Secret" security clearance***
More About the Role:
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure on an on premise and cloud environment. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems that support a workflow application; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
What You'll Get to Do:
SA Engineering and Provisioning:
• Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support:
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups for an on premise and cloud environment.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Perform security scan as necessary.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• 1-2 year of systems administration experience or a High School Diploma and 4 years of systems administration experience.
• Certification as a Microsoft / Windows Systems Administrator.
• Cloud environment experience.
• Must be able to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
• Experience resolving problems within established practices.
• Ability to provide occasional technical guidance.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
These Qualifcations Would be Nice to Have:
• DoD 8570 certification
• AWS certification
• Experience documenting systems administration best practices and/or procedures.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: