The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Workflow Support Specialists to be part of a Data Exploitation Technology Team for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Workflow Support Specialists will assist Translators and Exploitation Specialists with technology-enabled efforts. These may include Human Language Technology (HLT) activities that incorporate Computer Assisted Technology (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, adaptive machine translation, speech-to-text, and other advanced HLT capabilities; and data analytics activities that enable more efficient, timely, and in-depth understanding of trends, patterns, and relationships in large, diverse vernacular dataset. Languages Supported: Any and all languages of Africa; East Asia and Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and Caribbean; Middle East and North Africa; South Asia. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful candidate will assist Translators and Exploitation Specialists with technology-based efforts, establish and document repeatable workflows, and help troubleshoot problems.
- For HLT-based workflows, the Workflow Support Specialist supports translation projects throughout the full life cycle, digitizing hardcopy material, creating project packages, assisting with assigning tasks to translators and editors, and managing and maintaining translation memories and terminology databases.
- For data analytics, the Workflow Support Specialist provides methodological support to projects with a focus on tools and data conditioning, baselining, and discovery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- US citizen
- 2 year technical degree or 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Have in-depth understanding of establishing efficient and repeatable workflows and thoughtful integration of tools and automation
- Understand data analytics approaches and the conditioning, baselining, and discovery of data
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Bachelor's degree or and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Taken training or coursework in digital curation, metadata, digital libraries, electronic records management, big data analytics for the Web and text, ontologies, data semantics, information visualization, digital publishing standards and systems, and data management for big data
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems Analysis
Defense & Intel