The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for an Asset and Configuration Manager at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
JOB SUMMARY: Asset and Configuration Manager in support of the Air Force National Capitol Region (AFNCR) IT Services program. The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The candidate will be a member of the Configuration Management team responsible for facilitating and improving the Government's requirements and change processes as part of the overall Configuration Management function. The successful candidate will be our Asset Management lead and a member of our enterprise Configuration Management team. The position will be responsible for working with the asset management team to ensure asset inventory is current, accurate, and complete and integrated with the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Maintain situational awareness of all IT assets, deployed and undeployed, including hardware identifiers, associated software items, licenses, pricing, support agreements, location, and associated staff/organization. Manage the stock levels at warehouse and forward supply points to meet service level agreements.
• Perform proactive demand planning to identify need for new inventory including tech refresh demands.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of Government-owned equipment including data fields and status information required by Air Force Guidance.
• Develop and maintain accurate, comprehensive asset and configuration item listings for all enterprise IT providing AFNCR services.
• Populate and maintain the asset database as part of the CMDB.
• Drive improvement to the processes by working with Government stakeholders, external organizations, and internal teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes.
• Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, certification, and/or training may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Familiarity with the duties of the equipment custodian (EC)/property custodian (PC) in accordance with Air Force Guidance for Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) AFMAN 17-1203.
• Experience managing the receipt, storage, issue, and disposal of IT assets including compliance with security and disposal standards.
• Experience performing asset inventories and verifying the accuracy of asset inventory data.
• Experience working in an ITIL-based enterprise IT environment.
• Experience working in a Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) team.
• Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Experience utilizing advanced features in Remedy 9.
• Experience implementing enterprise IT discover tools and integrating the outputs with the CMDB.
• Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB).
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel