The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Desktop Support Technician at The Pentagon, National Capital Region.
Desktop Support Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program at the National Military Command Center (NMCC). The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The successful candidate will provide technical support to Command and Control computer systems and desktop support to NMCC customers. Rotating shift position with program support to a 24x7 center.
• Monitor and maintain NMCC Computer Systems.
• Provide customer service to NMCC personnel for desktop support incidents and outages.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software.
• Update tickets in Remedy.
• High School Diploma/GED with 3+ years of relevant experience.
• Currently possess Security+ce or equivalent level certification.
• Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Working knowledge of Remedy. • Experience with Linux.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel