Leidos' C4ISR Analysis & Support Division is seeking a fleet support technician to provide distance and onsite technical support including testing and training on subs, ships and shore sites for the Navy's AIS Program in Charleston, SC. The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the support of intelligence software integration, testing and Fleet Support on the AIS System Engineering Team. The Position will involve extensive knowledge of networking architecture/management, troubleshooting as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation and configuration management policies and procedures.
The candidate must be able to install and integrate the AIS system onboard ships, subs and at shore site locations.
They must have experience in reviewing and editing naval drawings, networking, hardware and software knowledge.
They should have service desk experience providing distance support as well as field experience testing and training system use.
• 8+ years' experience in a relevant technical field preferably with at least 4 years Navy ET or IT experience supporting DoD systems.
• Experience with VHF transmission and receipt, GPS receipt, navigation basics (heading, speed, course, charts), RS-232/422, basic networking to include routing basics, and WIN 7/10 operations.
• Experience in the installation, integration, testing and training of information systems.
• Experience with Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS), Global Command and Control System (GCCS), Radiant Mercury, Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) systems integration.
• Experience with Over the Horizon (OTH)-Gold messages.
• Experience with software patching.
• Experience in the design, preparation and modification of engineering documents and drawings.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+ and accreditation in Windows 7/10, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
• Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships and submarines.
• U.S. citizen with current DoD Secret.
Experience with Apache Tomcat, XCOP, sTunnel, TV32, and Pipeline applications
Experience working in secure environments and on secure navy systems.
• Experience with AIS software such as ACRONIS and TCP-COM.
• Experience supporting software integration and testing for the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Communities.
• Experience working on ships and submarines