Leidos has a current job opening for a capable Field Support Engineer in Qatar at Al-Udeid AFB supporting a high profile Sustainment contract. This program will provide operations, maintenance, software engineering services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of biometrics to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities.
Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the System wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission.
Provide critical system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the system, handheld collection platforms. Client and Server platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
• Responsible for the identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
• Duties also include general systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
• Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests.
• M-FSEs assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
? System start-up, initialization, and shut down
? Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
? Security checks of daily logs
? Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
? Transaction reconciliation
? LAN administration and coordination with WANs
? Network security functions IAW the SSAA
? Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
? Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
? Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
? Maintain the image for the SEEK devices and laptops
? Manage server and database applications and user accounts
? Coordinate supply, logistics, and repair actions
? Support and coordinate with the Army's Counterintelligence (CI) Cell and S2X
? Maintain the BEWL on mission systems
? Train personnel and ensure IA personnel compliance
? Track enrollments from ingestion to ABIS.
• Support Help Desk Operations as necessary.
• Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager.
External Referral Eligible
• Must possess a minimum of a DoD TS clearance with the ability to be read on for SCI caveats (SCI-DCID) in order to be considered for employment. Previous experience with applications on the Tactical System Joint Personnel Identification (JPI), Information System for Access (BISA) programs in support of GWOT.
• The candidate possess at a minimum Security+| CE and one or more of the following certifications: GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); A+ Essentials; Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the AIT level II profile.
• Bachelor's (4 year) Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of systems administration or relevant IT experience required.
• Bachelor's (4 year) Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional eight (8) years' experience for a total of seven (13) years of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
• Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations is also required.
• The candidate must be able to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
• The candidate must be fully proficient in the use of PC's and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
• Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel