Leidos has a career opening for a SATCOM Network Administrator at Hill AFB, UT.
Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Enterprise Satcom Gateway Services (ESGS), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. Personnel shall provide knowledge to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hr shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
• Perform IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, firewalls and voice equipment.
• Perform IP satellite modem support to include configuration and issue of option/boot files.
• Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SATCOM and IP network issues.
• Remotely access and de-access customers into the IP/SATCOM networks.
• Verify equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and react to alarms as necessary.
• Remotely provide global equipment configurations at DoD SATCOM Gateways utilizing the Satellite Access Authorization (SAA) and Gateway Access Authorization (GAA).
• Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 yrs. of relevant experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Be able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
• Must possess DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification within 90 days of start.
• Minimum Secret clearance with the ability to acquire a Top Secret SSBI.
• IP/Networking experience including hands-on configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and IP Modems.
• Knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
• Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices
• Experience in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR).
• Understanding of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
• Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
• Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using iDirect or equivalent FM-TDMA hubs.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel