Leidos has an exciting career opening for a Scenario Modeler/Model Operator-Air (SMMO-Air) supporting wargaming modeling and simulation at the Korea Air Simulation Center (KASC), Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. The SMMO-Air is the KASC's primary air simulation model operator responsible for setup, installation, operation and management of databases and systems during pre-exercise test and training and during execution of exercises. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Have dual responsibilities as a database manager creating the air simulation databases required to operate the simulation, and be a KASC Air Simulation model operator during training and exercises.
- Create the Air Simulation databases required to operate the simulation by coordinating directly with functional members in the training audience to gather the required database inputs for the Air Simulation.
- Input data into the Air Simulation and test for database functionality to assure the Air Simulation operates with the data provided.
- Develop the portions of pre-exercise tests which pertain to database testing of the Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM) and data compatibility and consistency with other simulation systems.
- During exercises, the SMMO-Air will monitor the employment of the Air Simulation database, troubleshoot and resolve problems with the simulation(s) which may be due to Air Simulation database anomalies, and make changes to the Air Simulation database to correct deficiencies in the fidelity or accuracy of the exercise simulation.
- The SMMO-Air is responsible for representing air component interest in overall exercise database development efforts, the purpose being the fielding of databases which are compatible with Air Force M&S Training Toolkit and air component C4I systems which support air component training objectives.
- The SMMO-Air will operate and manage the operation of the Air Simulation during pre-exercise test and training and during execution of exercises, working as a principal model controller, monitoring the operation of the model, and taking the necessary control steps to maintain efficient Air Simulation operation
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field with 4-8 years' experience, or a High School diploma with 6 years relevant experience and an additional 2 years' experience in air modeling and simulation
- Experience using and operating the Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM)
- Secret Clearance required on day one
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience supporting Joint, DoD and/or USAF air warfare simulation systems and events
- Prior experience participating in large scale exercises which utilize constructive simulations
- Prior service with US Forces on the Korean peninsula
*External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel