Leidos has an opening for a Software Configuration Manager/Lead. This position will primarily be a telecommuting position, but candidates are preferred in the Fort Meade, MD area.
• This position will primarily be responsible for supporting the DISA Storefront project.
• Supervise a team of software and DevOps engineers, providing technical direction, leadership, and training to ensure configuration control of all software, hardware and other configuration items.
• Provide software configuration management (SCM) support throughout a software product's life cycle (initial software development and support after customer acceptance).
• Lead SCM planning, version control, identifying approved configurations, conducting software builds from controlled source code files, managing software build scripts, build management servers, and release documentation.
• Manage parallel software development and release cycles as well as providing SCM for a large distributed development network with remote partners.
• Coordinate with other teams on operational matters to ensure the SCM program is implemented in accordance with approved policies and plans.
• Ensure the consistency and reliability of software builds.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in a technical discipline and 8 years of experience
• Software configuration management experience in a variety of software development environments.
• Strong knowledge of the SDLC and current trends in SCM practices and release management strategies.
• Strong experience in branch management, including branch merges and troubleshooting merge issues.
• Must have at least five years of experience managing software baselines and producing builds of software configurations.
• Must have experience working at a Unix/Linux command line to perform SCM duties.
• Must have experience with a distributed version control system, such as Git or Mercurial
• Must have experience in the development of software configuration management plans
• Must have experience with continuous integration
• Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans
• Experience integrating SCM/build tools with defect tracking and project management tools, such as Jira
• Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process
• Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
• Experience with CM of containerized virtualization environments, such as Docker
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel