Leidos has an opening for a Windows Server Systems Administrator (SME) to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Systems Operations and Administration (SOA) team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will lead be a Windows Server Systems Administrator and manage, operate and maintain Windows servers at the customer site. Basic knowledge of Windows server administration is required for this position.
- Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers
- Work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
- Work in a rapid paced environment
- Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
- Set up administrator and service accounts, install system wide software
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Good communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years related experience or Master's degree and 2 years related experience. Additional years of relevant experience and/or certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2 and 2012
- Remote Desktop Services (Login and Security), including Citrix
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Use of Windows Task Scheduler
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Completing registry backups and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
- MCSE certification
- Network knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of Linux servers
- Working knowledge of NetApp and other storage devices
- Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the ATF to permit access to customer-sensitive information.