This position is for a Deskside Technician on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The Deskside Technician will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Chicago. The individual selected for this position will be the primary onsite contact for IT services for our customer. Any IT-related tasks which cannot done remotely from our offsite Service Desk will be dispatched to the onsite technician.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk
- Stage devices in preparation for deploying them to the users. Staging will include:
- Break/Fix support for government provided end user computer devices
- Deployment and retrieval of new end user devices to end users Install specialty software
- Interface with Information Security in cases of malware or attacks, or for lost items
- Order parts to repair hardware
- Assess issues and diagnose problems with printers
- Provide A/V support in conferences rooms and support Video Teleconferences Install printer toner Support after-hours activities as required
As Leidos' only onsite representative, the deskside technician must portray a positive image at all times. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
The individual selected for this position must successful complete a security investigation by the government.
- Three years or more of IT Technical Support Experience
- Experience working on customer sites
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a quick-paced environment.
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline