The Cyber and SIGINT Solution Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Linux System Administrator with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
The successful candidate will provide the system administration support, including patching, security and configuration management for multiple applications and systems in the Technology Applications organization. The candidate may have the opportunity to participate in re-architecting an application analysis workflow while the organization strives to economize storage capabilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
• (12) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
• Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux - Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
• • 10+ years system administration experience
• 5+ years of experience with UNIX/LINUX, preferably RedHat
• 5+ years of experience with VMWare product
• Linux experience is required
• Tomcat/Apache experience is highly desired
• Experience with ElasticSearch is highly desired
• Experience with MachineShop is a plus
• Familiarity with 2-way SSL certs, applying patches (Tomcat), managing Centos boxes
• Manage the day to day operations of the Apace Tomcat, Apache Webserver, and ElasticSearch engine
• Map IP addresses from public to private. Ensuring that instances are backed up and can be quickly re-instantiated in the event of an underlying hardware failure
• Disk space management
• Documentation of environment
• Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience would be beneficial
• Experience with configuration management tools
External Referral Eligible