The Cyber and SIGINT Solution Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Linux System Administrator with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform Linux Admin and Application installation/config/setup duties in a prototype development and evaluation lab on customer site. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work with a team as well as independently and learn new HW and SW technologies quickly.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
• (12) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
• Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux - Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
Required Experience/Skills :
• Security+ CE or equivalent security certification or ability to obtain within first 6 months
• 6+ years system administration experience
• 3-4 years of experience with UNIX/LINUX, preferably RedHat
• 2-3 years of experience with VMWare products
• 2-3 years of experience with planning and calculating system hardware layout
• 1 year experience in managing VMWare server products
• 2-3 years of experience administering and troubleshooting UNIX/LINUX production systems
• Current RedHat Admin Certification
• 1 year experience with firewalls and supporting rules sets
• Experience with Python
• Experience with System logging tools, such as Rsyslog and logrotate
• Experience with Yum package management tool
• Prefer any verifiable experience with distributed, parallel processing
• Prefer experience with any resource management package
• Experience with Nifi or Mailorder
• External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel