Leidos has an opening for a Network Support Engineer at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference by supporting the warfighter? Do you thrive in a fast paced, impact driven environment?
Our customer, the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) at Scott AFB, IL., provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support.
• Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support for Defense Information Systems Network assets.
• Providing and implementing solutions to highly technical problems, customer coordination and scheduling, Initial test and acceptance of new service activations to ensure they are implemented in accordance with Defense Information Systems Agency standards.
• Install and configure network systems, diagnosing hardware / software faults, solving technical and applications problems, over the phone, in person, or logging into the device.
• Use network management, configuration management and asset management tools (Cisco Transport Controller, Cisco Prime Optical,etc.) to configure networks, remote access systems, modems, CSU/DSU and periphery equipment, including routers, switches, cards, firewalls, and multiplexers.
• Plan, design, and evaluate various components of the network, recommends and implements new technologies to enhance current and future network capabilities.
• Proactively manage and maintain all network assets. This may include intrusive troubleshooting of wide area networks, servers and routers, local area networks, and switches.
• Install or upgrade software and hardware.
• High School diploma and 5+ years overall related experience.
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent.
• Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
• Basic knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
• Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
• Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Familiarity with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc)
• Basic knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
• Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• ITIL certification
• Understanding of the DISA Request Fulfillment process and associate documents (TSRs, TSOs, completion reports) and circulars
• Understanding of the Department of Defense, its policies, and hierarchy• Understanding DISA organizational structure and how different elements (DITCO, etc.) contribute to fulfilling mission partner TSR requirements
• Network certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel