Leidos has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer/Architect to support the Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). DISA is the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will be to provide senior network integration engineering support for the implementation and operationalization of SIPRNet Access Migration (SAM) solution and the subsequent transition to service of the architected solution. This role will provide input and direct technical support to and for the SAM capabilities being brought into the network, to include the solution architecture, circuits, systems, hardware, software needed (IBOM), code and services needed to support the new SAM architecture and capabilities provided by the SIPRNet. The goal of the SAM migration is to Evolve the SIPRNet into a unified communications infrastructure with Ethernet Access and network encryption standardization / consolidation to align with JIE initiatives.
• Design and establish best practices focused on elevating customer's Network SIPRNet Access Migration
• Review and lead the discovery of business and technical requirements to support the SIPR Migration
• Works as primary consultant on large, complex projects, often concurrently, requiring highly specialized knowledge across broad spectrum of industry vendors and technologies.
• Support the day to day activities of a highly visible network architecture design and development project
• Develop Bills of Material and other design/architecture documentation and artifacts
• Interacts with strategic customers to deliver long-term, high impact projects
• Extracts requirements from customer and understands technical and business impact of those requirements.
• Validates requirements, prototyping and functionality design and oversees creation and quality of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements.
• Manages large team engagements, may supervise multiple teams and projects to drive delivery excellence.
• Development of processes and methodologies required for programs
• Creates resource models and identifies resources for program requirements
• Presents architecture and design solutions to customers
• Plans implementations and advances strategies for continued network improvement
• Education - Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9+ years of professional experience; or 7+ years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
• In-depth knowledge of routing and switching protocols
• Current or past experience with DoD networks such as NIPRNET/SIPRNET, DCN, etc.
• Experience with Encryption equipment and management systems
• BA/BS should be in a technical area, but can be offset by additional certifications and experience
• Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies
o Proficiency in Cisco and/or Juniper switches, routers.
o Current CCNA, CCDA,CCNP, and/or CCIE certification, CISSP desired
• Proficiency with Cisco IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
o Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
o Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
o Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
o Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
o General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
o Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on implementation status and/or troubleshooting efforts.
IA 8570 Security + optional but desire
Cisco, Juniper, Linux, and Security certifications are desired
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel